Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ernest Rhodes: too many walk when they were taught how to fly



I take Ernest for granted. When I want to have an intelligent conversation at work, I turn to him. He never disappoints. Some of the most helpful conversations I’ve had about Music (heck – about Much More than Music) I’ve had with him. If I could designate a Music Guru for myself, that Guru would be Ernie.

How so?

Does one have to explain why one designates someone as one’s guru?

No. I willingly offer my services as a peripheral disciple.

Doing a lot less to prove that I am talented

I remember the 1st time I saw Ernest perform live. And I remember the 2nd time I danced to him. It’s high time there’s been a 3rd time for me… which will coincide with the Transistor CD release party scheduled for March 13th at Sauce.

Ernest Rhodes is worth far more than being taken-for-granted by Minneapolis, Minnesota, the Midwest. He’s a Wise Guy. He’s a Poet. He’s a Musician. He Inspires.

He is Aware and Awake.

LISTEN UP.

Ernest’s and Justin StaggsTransistor video is fantastic. And fucking awesome.

WATCH IT.

The Transistor CD release date in Minneapolis is February 23rd. Keep an eye on ernestrhodes.com for downloading info – or trot to Electric Fetus, Cheapo, Mindstate Distribution or Fifth Element to buy it in the flesh.

Give me all you can
I can handle it

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails